Make your own candy lollipops and create holiday candy shapes for edible gifts by melting candy melts. Candy melts are fast-melting, confectionery wafers. Once melted, the candy develops a smooth texture and taste, making it ideal for creating your own moulded candy shapes and lollipops. You can enhance the flavour by adding a couple drops of cherry or peppermint into the melted mixture and change the colours from white to any colour you prefer with the addition of food colouring.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Double boiler
Add water to the bottom of a double boiler pan until it reaches the indicated level marker for the top pan. Place it on the stove.
Rinse the top pan, and dry it thoroughly. Empty one 397gr. bag of the candy melts into the top pan. Set this pan in the bottom pan.
Turn the heat on low. Allow the candy to melt, stirring it occasionally.
Remove the pot from the stove once the candy has become a smooth liquid. Read the manufacturer's directions to determine whether the melted candy may be immediately poured into the mould or requires a short cooling period. Confirm that melted candy may be reheated without affecting the texture.
Tips and warnings
- Another melting method is to place the melts in a bowl and microwave it for 40 seconds on the defrost setting.
- You may also balance a bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow the candy to melt over it if you do not have a double boiler pan.
- Vary the amount of candy melts to suit your needs.
- Do not let the water boil.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for