The Jawbone is a Bluetooth headset for use with many advanced cell phones and smartphones. If you have lost your user manual, it is very easy to put the Jawbone into Bluetooth discoverable mode to allow you to pair it with your phone. Popular Jawbone models are the Jawbone Icon, Jawbone 2 and the Jawbone Prime. The steps for the Icon are slightly different than the steps for the Jawbone 2 and Prime.
- Skill level:
Put the device you are going to pair with the Jawbone into Bluetooth mode. Usually, this is accomplished by going to the settings menu on the phone or other device and setting it to discover a new Bluetooth device. Make sure the device is set to actively search for a new Bluetooth device.
The Jawbone Icon should immediately go to Bluetooth discoverable mode the first time it is initially turned on and is unpaired. However, if this doesn't happen or you wish to pair it with a new device, start with the power slide in the off position. There will be no blue portion visible when the slide is in the off position. Next, press and hold the talk button in while turning on the Jawbone. Hold the talk button down until the circular LED light begins to flash white and red.
The Jawbone 2 and Jawbone Prime should also go immediately into Bluetooth discoverable mode when turned on and initially unpaired. However, to manually place the device into Bluetooth discoverable mode, again start with the Jawbone turned off. Press and hold the NoiseAssassin button and turn on the device. Press the button for two seconds until the LED indicator begins to flash white and red.
Tips and warnings
- If your Bluetooth device requires a code to pair with the Jawbone, try entering 0000. This code is the default pass code for many phones or Bluetooth devices.
- Make sure the Jawbone is fully charged before trying to put it into Bluetooth discoverable mode. Also, make sure your Bluetooth device is charged before trying to pair it with the Jawbone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for