Originally introduced in 1991, SMART Boards are interactive whiteboards with touch-screen capabilities. Namely, teachers are able to scroll, click and write on the boards using digital ink. Educators typically use SMART Boards in conjunction with SMART Notebook software, a personal computer, and a projector to display the image to the classroom. For teachers wanting to use their Apple iPad in conjunction with the SMART Board technology...you might have guessed it --- there's an app for that.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- LogMeIn Ignition iPad application
Connect to your wireless Internet service on the iPad.
Log on to your computer while the iPad is connecting to the Internet.
Click on your LogMeIn app to start it on the iPad.
Enter in the necessary credentials when prompted on your iPad to begin. You may need to verify the process on your computer by clicking "OK."
Use your iPad to begin to operate the SMART Board software. You're now controlling the SMART Board from your iPad.
Tips and warnings
- The LogMeIn Ignition application works for iTouch and iPhone as well.
- Pinching the screen on your iPad allows you to zoom in and out as desired.
- Save the Wi-Fi connection on your iPad for future ease of access.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for