The Nokia 6500 can be connected to your PC and accessed either via the Nokia Software Suite. The device can also be set to "Mass Storage" mode and be viewed like a separate drive. You will be able to add and remove media files on the device.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Insert the Micro USB end of the CA-101 cable into your Nokia 6500. Place the other end into a free USB port on your PC. A message will appear on the screen asking you to "Select USB Mode"
Select "PC Suite" if you have installed the Nokia Software on your PC. Launch your Nokia Software Suite and access the phone this way.
Select "Data Storage" if you wish to use the phone for adding or removing data. The phone will appear in your Windows Explorer with a letter assigned. It will be named "Removable Disk." Click it to view the files within.
Select "Print & Media" for connecting to media applications on the PC such as Windows Media Player.
Tips and warnings
- If there are any issues connecting via USB, try placing the cable into a different port. If it still won't connect, ensure that you have administrative rights on the PC to allow it to install devices.
- In data storage mode, do not wipe the phone by deleting all the files, this may effect the functioning of the device.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for