Polylines are used in graphics and drawing applications. A 2D polyline is a sequence of straight lines that are connected. A spline is a curved line that connects points in the drawing application. You can convert a polyline to a spline by curving the edges using a tool within your drawing application.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Open your drawing application on your computer. Click "File" and "Open." Browse for the file containing the 2D polyline you want to convert.
Open the "subobject" mode by right-clicking anywhere on the polyline and choosing "Subobject." This will allow you to use tools that are not available in the regular "object" mode
Right-click on the polyline, and choose "Properties." Select the tool that lets you convert straight lines to curved lines, and check it to turn on the conversion tool. The polyline will now be converted to a spline.
Tips and warnings
- Save a backup copy of the file containing the 2D polyline so you will have two forms of the line after you convert it.
- Shutting down your computer while saving a drawing application file can corrupt that file.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for