RAR files are considered data containers which hold compressed (or zipped) files or folders. Many RAR software programs such as 7-Zip and WinRAR enable a user to password protect the contents of a RAR container. When a password is applied, the files within the RAR container are encrypted. If a user does not have the password to the RAR file, the encrypted contents cannot be viewed. If the password is simple such as '1234' or a name such as "James," cracking the password may be an option. In order to do that, several RAR password recovery programs are available on the Internet. If the password is complex, the chances of cracking it are extremely small.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- RAR software such as 7-Zip or WinRAR
- RAR recovery software or password-cracking software
Download a RAR password recovery software program, such as RAR Password Recovery Magic.
Load the RAR file with the unknown password into the RAR Password Recovery Magic tool.
Start the RAR Password Recovery Magic tool and allow it to attack the protected RAR file.
Tips and warnings
- If the RAR file is secured with a strong password and encryption, it may be impossible to recover the files.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for