Heating a fully cooked ham in a pressure cooker can be a healthy way to prepare a ham. A good quality ham is naturally a lean piece of pork. When heated in a pressure cooker, you are left with ham that is moist and tender with virtually no fat. Now you can prepare a ham for your family and feel good about feeding it to them.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fully cooked ham
- Pressure cooker
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- Sliced onion
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Meat thermometer
Place ham in the pressure cooker with the fat side up.
Pour in 2 cups of pineapple juice.
Add one sliced onion.
Sprinkle in 1/4 cup brown sugar.
Add 1 tsp dry mustard.
Seal the pressure cooker.
Cook the ham on a low setting for 30 minutes.
Insert meat thermometer into ham. When the temperature reaches 60 degrees Celsius, your ham is ready.
Remove your ham when it's cooled.
Tips and warnings
- Do not use a sharp object to remove ham. Piercing through the skin will cause the ham to lose moisture.
- Be sure that your pressure cooker is large enough for your ham. The meat should not take up more than 3/4 of the pressure cooker.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for