Edge light glass displays add visual interest anywhere they are displayed. For events, bars, conferences, parties and even at the office, an LED, edge-lit glass display is the perfect way to display your logo or image. Create a design yourself, or work with a graphic designer to come up with an appropriate design. For glass, the best way to put your logo or image on the surface is to have it either laser engraved or sandblasted in place. Sandblasting works for bigger stuff without too much detail: However, for unbeatable precision, laser engraving is the way to go.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- LED strips
- Power source
- Stand to hold glass
- Hanging wire
- Hammer or drill
- Picture framing nails
Choose a piece of glass and have it engraved or sandblasted with your logo, name or image. Ensure the image is sized in proportion to the glass, and that it will be legible from a distance.
Choose what colour of LED strips will be best for your application. Attach the LED tape strips to the edge of the glass, as neatly as possible. If using a frame, place the glass with the LED strip attached into the frame. Secure it carefully, it might be necessary to tack in a few extra picture framing nails to secure the glass tightly.
If using a display stand, secure the glass in it, testing to make sure it is sturdy and will not wobble or topple over. Plug it in to see how it looks and to see if any adjustments need to be made before hanging it or adding it to the display table.
Hang your edge lit LED glass display in its designated spot, or add it to the display table and turn it on.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want to use glass you can use acrylic instead. It is engravable and looks just as good except it will not shatter and it is lighter which makes it easy to hang.
- Choose LED tape for indoor and outdoor use because it is waterproof and safe for both.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for