Lip stains leave behind a lasting colour on your lips. The stain doesn't come off when you eat, drink or smoke, which makes it a better alternative to lipstick. Instead of buying commercial lip stains, you can save money and make your own with natural ingredients. Making your own lip stains also allows you to control the shade of red that you desire for your lips. After you make your own tint, you can store it in a container so that you have a supply ready to apply to your lips at any time.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) grated beeswax
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- Small saucepan
- 5 ml (1 tsp) beetroot powder
- Clean container with lid
Place the grated beeswax and sunflower oil in a small saucepan on the hob. Heat the ingredients over a medium heat until the oil and beeswax melts. Watch the ingredients carefully so that they do not burn.
Add 5 ml (1 tsp) of beetroot powder. Stir the powder into the mixture until it dissolves. Add more powder if you want a darker tint of red. The less powder you add, the less intense the red will appear.
Allow the mixture to cool. Spoon the stain into a clean container with a lid. Store it at room temperature.
Tips and warnings
- You can replace the beetroot powder with pure beetroot juice.
- Buy beetroot powder at your local health food shop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for