Soft Sheen Carson's Wave Nouveau Coiffure is a permanent wave product, designed for tightly curled or crimped hair. It requires less frequent moisturising than the Jheri Curl, but the processes are similar. Wave Nouveau Coiffure gives the stylist more control over the final curl or wave pattern -- because after the curl or wave pattern is loosened -- the hair is set on perm rods for further processing. The products needed to apply Wave Nouveau Coiffure are only available to professional hair stylists: The maintenance products, however, are available to clients and stylists alike.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hairstyling cape
- Wave Nouveau Coiffure Shape Release
- Cotton strips
- Perm rods
- Wave Nouveau Coiffure Shape Transformer
- Processing cap
- Neutralising Bib
- Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion (optional)
- Wave Nouveau Coiffure Shape Lock
Examine the client's scalp for abrasions or signs of irritation. Examine their hair for signs of damage.
Put the hairstyling cape on the client and make sure that the work area is well-ventilated.
Select a strand of hair that is not highly visible. Put on gloves. Apply the Wave Nouveau Shape Release to that strand only, and process for 5 to 10 minutes.
Examine the processed strand. If the strand breaks, discolours, or shows signs of damage, do not proceed with Wave Nouveau Coiffure.
Shampoo the client if needed, taking care not to abrade the scalp.
Use the strength of Wave Nouveau Coiffure Shape Release recommended for the client's hair type. Apply it to the hair, up to 1/4-inch away from the scalp.
Process for 5 to 10 minutes, and for no longer than 15 minutes, since the beginning of application.
Check the hair for straightness, every 2 to 3 minutes after application.
Rinse Shape Release from hair with lukewarm water. Blot hair with a towel.
Section hair for rolling onto perm rods.
Apply Wave Nouveau Coiffure Shape Transformer while rolling hair onto perm rods. Apply additional Shape Transformer, if the hair starts to dry.
Place cotton strips around the head, at the hairline, and cover the hair with a processing cap.
Process for 10 minutes. Remove one perm rod to check for desired level of curl.
If desired level of curl has been achieved, rinse hair with lukewarm water; but leave perm rods in place for another 5 to 10 minutes. If desired level of curl has not been achieved, replace rod and cap, and check again in 3 minutes.
Reapply cotton strips around client's hairline, if strips are damp. Put a neutralising bib on the client, with the long part covering the nape of the client's neck.
Apply Wave Nouveau Coiffure Shape Lock to each rolled section of hair.
Process for 10 minutes.
Rinse hair thoroughly with the perm rods still in the hair. Blot rolled hair with a towel.
Remove the perm rods gently. Rinse with lukewarm water on low pressure for 2 minutes. Blot dry and moisturise.
Tips and warnings
- Only apply New Wave Coiffure to the new growth closest to the scalp for retouch applications.
- Hair should not be shampooed for 48 hours following processing with Wave Nouveau Coiffure.
- Do not use Wave Nouveau Coiffure if client's scalp is abraded or irritated.
- Do not use Wave Nouveau Coiffure if client's hair has been bleached, highlighted or chemically relaxed.
- Do not use Wave Nouveau Coiffure if client's hair has been dyed with henna compounds or metallic salt dyes.
- Do not use Wave Nouveau Coiffure within two weeks of colouring hair with a permanent dye.
- Do not use Wave Nouveau Coiffure on visibly damaged hair.
- Do not use a hairdryer during this process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for