Manufactured in the former Czechoslovakia and designed to be easy to control, the first Jawa model M 210 moped appeared in 1983 after earlier model attempts in the 1970s. Although production of Jawa mopeds ended in 1997, Jawa moped fans continue to enjoy this two-wheeler around the world. Your Jawa moped does not require maintenance experience. If you have problems with your Jawa moped, troubleshooting can quickly help you find the solution, so you can return to riding. If you need parts, join a Jawa club where members can help you locate what you need more quickly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Regular gasoline
- Two-cycle oil
Check to make certain you have fuel in the fuel tank if your Jawa moped engine will not start. Use regular gas mixed with two-cycle oil at a ratio of 1:50. Also, open the fuel cock, also known as the fuel valve by switching the extended lever to the "On" position. Locate the fuel cock by the fuel tank of your moped.
Turn the fuel cock lever to the "Off" position if your Jawa moped has a flooded engine. Fully open the throttle, then start pedalling your moped, moving it until the engine begins to fire. Turn the fuel cock lever to the "On" position only when the engine starts running.
Clean out the hole of a clogged exhaust silencer using a wooden stick if your moped's engine loses power. The exhaust silencer becomes clogged with carbon deposits, a build-up of gas and oil. Locate the exhaust silencer by the rear wheel chain, on the right side.
Inflate the tires correctly if your moped's engine has poor acceleration or if your moped has problems reaching its maximum speed. Inflate the front tire with 12.7 Kilogram per square inch and the rear tire with 15.9 Kilogram per square inch.
Turn off the engine and disengage the engine drive if your moped runs out of fuel. Pedal your Jawa moped like a bicycle by pulling the driving lug away from the engine, rotating it 90 degrees either clockwise or counterclockwise, then releasing it. Locate the driving lug on the left side of the alternator.
Tips and warnings
- When you locate parts for your Jawa moped, make certain you provide the serial number and manufacture year of your moped, stamped on the ID plate on the front of the moped frame.
- Never use the engine disengaging device of your moped when riding downhill. Use the disengaging device only with the engine in the "Off" position, when your moped runs out of fuel, when pushing your moped or pedalling your moped with a defective engine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for