Synchronising your smart phone with Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook Calendar allows you to take your e-mail and calendar with you wherever you go. You can receive alerts for appointments and new e-mails, reply to those e-mails promptly and even forward them to co-workers or friends. Android has emerged as a popular smart phone. Get the most productivity from your Android by synchronising it to your Outlook Express and Outlook Calendar to keep current on your e-mails and appointments.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Set your Android to accept e-mail. Selecting the messaging icon on your phone to do that. A gmail account--an e-mail account with Google--is required to use the email messaging function on the phone. If you do not already have a gmail account, you can register for one from your phone. This will synchronise your Android to Google and give you access to your gmail account from your Android phone.
Install Google Calendar on your computer to synchronise your Android with Outlook Calendar. Using your computer, sign in to your gmail account using the same gmail information you used to set up e-mail messaging for your Android. Follow the prompts to install Google Calendar.
Synchronise calendars. Once Google Calendar is installed, you will be asked for your gmail account and password. At that time, you will be given synchronising options. Choose two-way so that you can use either Google or Outlook Calendar and your appointments will appear in both calendars.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't have access to a computer, download an application to your Android phone. Synchronise Outlook to your Android from your phone by selecting the Android Market icon, and use the search feature to find an application that will synchronise your Android with Outlook. A variety of applications are available; some are free, and some involve one-time fee. Read the brief descriptions of what each application offers, and chose the one that is right for you.
- Software is available for purchase on the Internet to assist in the process of synchronising your Android to Outlook. The software still requires you to take steps to download and synchronise the software to your phone. So in some cases, you may think you're saving time but in actuality it is more time-consuming. Synchronising your phone to Outlook Express and Outlook Calendar is one of the benefits of having an Android smart phone and is something you can do yourself at no cost.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for