WebEx is a versatile Internet meeting software program that allows large groups of people to meet virtually and share documents, programs and presentations. In order for a file to be shared with WebEx, it must be in WebEx's Universal Communications Format (UCF). UCF files encompass most all of the common software languages, including .pdf. Fortunately, it is quite simple to convert any file into .ucf using the built-in WebEx software, which adds plug-ins for common documentation programs, such as Adobe.
- Skill level:
Download and install the Webex software to your computer (see Resources). Allow WebEx to add plug-ins for all of the support programs, including Adobe.
Open your .pdf document.
Click on the file tab in the upper left corner of the program, and select "Save As."
Select the WebEx toolbar in the Save screen, and save the document as .ucf.
Rename the document if necessary in order to differentiate it from the original .pdf version.
Tips and warnings
- Most documents can be uploaded during a WebEx meeting without prior conversion to .ucf.
- UCF files are much larger than the original format.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for