The call blocking features lets cell phone users block incoming or outgoing calls to and from the user's wireless phone. This feature comes in handy if you are receiving unwanted or harassing phone calls. Block calls on your BlackBerry phone by following a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Contact your wireless phone provider. Request a call blocking password. A customer service representative must program your BlackBerry's SIM card to activate this service.
Roll the track ball or tap the track pad to open the menu screen. Locate the "Options" folder and highlight "Call Barring", "Call Block," or a similarly named option.
Tap the track pad or roll the track ball. Select "Save", "Enable" or a similarly named option. Input your call blocking password to fully activate the feature.
Contact your cell phone carrier's "Corporate Security" or similar customer service department. Ask the customer service agent to block incoming phone calls from harassing callers. Most cell phone companies have this feature, though not all do.
Log onto your wireless provider's website. If this is your first time logging into your account online, follow the on-screen instructions to activate your account. Input your username and password or 10-digit wireless number and password. Each phone provider requires different login information.
Look for "Call Settings", "Preferences" or a similarly named option. Select "Call Block" or a similarly named feature to activate this feature. Some wireless phone providers let you choose phone numbers to block from your call settings profile online.
Tips and warnings
- Note the dates and times of unwanted phone calls in a small notebook. Contact your wireless phone provider to report calls from harassing phone numbers. If you continue receiving these phone calls, contact your local law enforcement agency to file a police report, if applicable.
- You might incur additional fees if call blocking is not included with your wireless phone's monthly plan.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for