The Sony Ericsson K510i is a versatile brick-style cell phone capable of surfing the Internet and taking photos, and it provides a user-friendly interface. If you want to use a Sony Ericsson K510i but the device is not under your current network, you can unlock the K510i with a few easy steps to work with your network. These steps will remove the network lock on the phone and allow you to use your own SIM card.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Unlock Code
- IMEI number
Press *#06# on your phone to determine your EMEI number. Press your call button and a message with a 15- to 17-digit number will appear.
Call your local service provider to obtain an unlock code or purchase one from a third-party provider, such one found on eBay.com.
Turn on your Sony Ericsson K510i without putting in the SIM card.
Perform the following combinations in sequence:
1) Press the left arrow once.
2) Press the "*" button twice.
3) Press the left arrow again once.
The message "Personalize with MNC2" should appear on the screen.
Enter the unlock code provided. Turn off your phone and insert your SIM card. Turn on your phone and you now have unlocked the Sony Ericsson K510i.
Tips and warnings
- An incorrectly entered unlock code will cause the phone to lock up permanently.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for