Instead of investing in a towel steamer or wasting time waiting on a long wash cycle, heat your towels by boiling them in water. The hot water kills germs in the towels and loosens some dirt. This method works well if you cannot get to a washing machine, don't have hot water or are in a hurry. Various spa treatments, such as facials and body wraps, use hot towels. The hot towel opens up pores, which allows dirt to come out the skin easier. This is especially beneficial if you suffer from acne. The dirt and oil escapes from the open pores, preventing breakouts.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Large, deep pots
Fill a large pot two-thirds full of water. Place it on a stove burner. Turn the burner to medium-high heat. Bring the water to a boil.
Unfold the towel. Place it into the pot. Push it under the boiling water with the tongs. Add additional towels the same way.
Boil for 15 minutes.
Place an empty pot 6 in. away from the pot containing the towels. Remove the towels with the tongs and place them in the pot to cool.
Lift the cooled towels out of the second pot and wring out. Dry as desired or wear as a wrap.
Tips and warnings
- Add any salt, oils or herbs desired while the water starts to boil. If you are trying to calm your muscles, use eucalyptus oil. Tea tree oil and witch hazel help acne problems. Lemon oil kills bacteria on the skin. Use lavender oil to help relax you. Ginsing powder helps people with inflammation.
- Because the towels reach a very hot temperature during boiling, it's important only to apply them to the body once they are no longer scalding.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for