The 2007 Ford Focus car is equipped with factory wheel covers that are designed to resemble a six spoke alloy wheel. The Focus wheel cover does not snap off like the majority of wheel covers. Allow yourself quite a bit of time if you intend to remove all four wheel covers from your Ford Focus.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lug wrench
Turn the four plastic nuts that look like lug nuts one-quarter turn counterclockwise and remove. This will expose the real lug nuts.
Loosen the real lug nuts one-half turn in a counterclockwise direction.
Position the car jack under the jacking location nearest the tire and jack until the tire is off the ground.
Remove the four lug nuts and pull the wheel and tire off the axle.
Separate the wheel cover from the wheel and tire. The Ford Focus owner's manual states the wheel cover cannot be removed until the wheel is off the car.
Tips and warnings
- If all four wheel covers are to be removed, using a hydraulic jack to jack up one end of the car and remove two at the same time would save time.
- The Ford Focus owner's manual notes placing the car in "Park" or in gear with a manual transmission will not keep the car from rolling off the jack if pushed. The parking brake must also be set before jacking up the car.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for