A cap badge is a special badge worn on the beret of a uniformed individual to display the nationality or affiliation of the person wearing it. In order to get the cap badge situated properly, you will need to make a permanent modification to the material of the beret. Don't worry though, because it is easy to do and only takes a few minutes to put the badge on in a clean and disciplined way.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cap badge with twizzer
- Pen knife
Lay the cap badge inside the beret directly where you want the badge to sit on the outside. So if you want it on the brow, two inches up, place the badge on the inside brow and two inches up.
Make a small mark where each of the pin posts are on the badge. The posts are where the twizzer is held in place.
Cut out a small hole through each of the marks on the inside of the beret using the tip of a pen knife. The blade of the knife should go through the beret lining and outer fabric to make two very small holes.
Push the posts of the badge through the front of the badge in the small holes. Make sure the posts come all the way through the beret and lining.
Fit the twizzer into the posts on the inside of the beret to hold it in place. Check that the badge is not upside down before wearing your beret.
Tips and warnings
- Check the requirements and rules for placing your cap badge before making the holes to ensure proper placement.
- Do not place your hand under the beret when pushing the blade through because you could cut yourself.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for