TaylorMade's Flight Control Technology, featured in its R9 driver, allows golfers to adjust the loft, lie and face angle with ease. TaylorMade first offered movable weight technology in its R7 driver, with resounding success. TaylorMade has improved this movable weight system with the FCT, a metallic sleeve placed over the tip of the shaft that can be rotated to different positions. With eight adjustments, the TaylorMade R9 driver can match any type of shot.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- TalyorMade FCT Torque Wrench
Using the FCT Torque Wrench, loosen the FCT bolt by turning the wrench counterclockwise.
Remove the driver head from the shaft.
Adjust the FCT sleeve and shaft into the desired position by twisting it either clockwise or counterclockwise. The FCT sleeve has eight markings on it to help you adjust the club in the correct position to match your desired shot.
Place the driver head back on the shaft and place the FCT bolt back in position. Using the FCT Torque Wrench, lock the FCT bolt into place by turning it clockwise. The bolt will make a loud click when it is secured into place.
Tips and warnings
- Don't worry about losing the FCT bolt, because it does not come all the way out of the driver head. You do not need to purchase a FCT Torque Wrench, as it comes with the R9 driver. However, replacements can be purchased through the TaylorMade website.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for