The endearing characters from the 1939 classic film the "Wizard of Oz" continue to entertain on stage and screen. The Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion and the Scarecrow dance down the yellow-brick road with young Dorothy and her little dog Toto. Whether in her basket or trotting at her side, Toto, a black cairn terrier, played a vital role in their adventures. Costumes for the main characters remain popular with children and adults at Halloween and can be as elaborate or as simple as desired.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dark grey or black hooded-sweatsuit (hooded jacket and trousers)
- 2 sheets of dark grey or black felt
- 1 pair of grey socks
- 1 pair of black socks large enough to fit over child's shoes
- Black washable face paint and brush
- Dog collar
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Needle and tan thread
- Safety pins
Cut two dog-ear shapes from a piece of felt. Use a triangle with a slightly curved tip at the end.
Stitch, glue or pin the dog-ears to the sides of the hood.
Cut a tail from the other felt piece. Use a loose "S" shape.
Pin the tail to back of the sweatsuit pants.
Slide the dark grey pair of socks on the child's hands and the black socks over the child's shoes.
Paint whiskers around the child's mouth and a round black tip on the nose.
Place the dog collar on the child and fit it to be comfortable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for