Master Chief, otherwise known as Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, is the main protagonist in the Halo video game series. He wears full combat body armour, army boots and a futuristic helmet with a shiny gold visor. Master Chief fancy dress costumes are available for purchase in stores, however they are often expensive. Save money, and use your creative talents to make your own homemade Master Chief helmet visor. This tutorial requires a motorcycle helmet--you can pick up inexpensive helmets at yard sales, or from online auction sites.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Motorcycle Helmet
- Masking tape
- Transparent gold spray-paint
Find a visual reference of the Master Chief, so that you can easily view the exact shape and style of the helmet visor. A reference can be found from online sources, such as the Halo website as listed in the reference section.
Cover all of the areas around the visor section with masking tape. You can tape sheets of newspaper over the helmet, to cover larger surface areas.
Choose a well-ventilated area to spray paint in; if possible spray outdoors. Cover your work surface with sheets of newspaper. Place the helmet onto the centre of the newspaper. Gently shake the spray can. Remove the lid. Spray an even coat of the paint directly onto the visor section of the helmet, while holding the can approximately 20 inches away. Leave to air dry for 10 minutes.
Peel off all of the masking tape.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat step three if the visor has an uneven painted surface, after the first coat of paint.
- Always spray in a ventilated area - spray paint fumes are toxic and dangerous if inhaled. Wear a respiratory face mask to further protect yourself from the spray paint fumes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for