When pool season hits, you will want to be ready for it. Doughboy is an American company that produces above-ground pools, skimmers, pumps and filtration units in addition to other pool accessories. If you own a pool manufactured by Doughboy, chances are you have the pump that goes with it. No matter which Doughboy pool and pump you own, knowing how to set up the pump properly and safely is essential for keeping the pool clean throughout the summer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Non-petroleum lubricant
- Diagram, including parts list
- Owner's manual
Unplug the pump's power cord. Wear dry shoes and be sure the ground you are standing on is dry.
Screw two cleats to the front side of the pump's base and be sure they fit tightly. Screw the other two cleats in by pre-threading them so that they line up with the holes. You can do this easily by sliding the screws into the holes, adjusting the alignment and then removing the screws from the holes.
Align the pump into the base and slide it in. The two front cleats must fit into the slots that are in the pump housing.
Insert the other two cleats into the back end of the pump housing; make sure they fit into the slots provided. Replace the back screws and tighten them.
Tips and warnings
- The Doughboy company recommends lubrication of the O-ring under the strainer cover with a non-petroleum substance recommended for A.B.S., Acrylic and Noryl plastics. Contact the company for suggestions on which lubricants to use for the particular pump model you have.
- Review the owner's manual for the particular model you own. The Doughboy company does not sell products directly to the public. The company suggests using original equipment replacement parts and contacting a licensed electrician to install a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) breaker at the electricity supply panel.
- To find your local dealer call 1-866-Doughboy.
- Use 25-foot cord pump Doughboy models 0-3045-200, 0-3046-200, 0-3047-200 and 0-3048-200 only for pools that can be stored, never on permanently installed pools.
- Three-foot cord pump models 0-3045-206, 0-3046-206, 0-3047-206 and 0-3048-206 are for use on permanently installed pools and some hot tubs. Do not install the pump on a deck or surface that is higher, slightly below or at the top of the pool.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for