Use carbon fibre vinyl for all sorts of do-it-yourself projects at home and at work. It has the look of carbon fibre but at a more affordable price. Many people use carbon fibre vinyl in their cars, cell phones, bicycles, planes, electronics and household items. You can buy the material at a local hardware store as well as online. Learn to apply the carbon fibre vinyl yourself.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Spray bottle
- Credit card
- Heat gun
Clean your work surface. Remove the vinyl's adhesive backing, then lay the vinyl on the surface.
Spray the exposed vinyl surface till wet, using a foaming glass cleaner in a spray bottle.
Smooth the surface with a credit card to remove any air bubbles. Work your way from the centre of the surface going outwards.
Heat the vinyl with a heat gun set to low. You will notice that the vinyl will begin to stretch.
Pull the vinyl and wrap the area. Smooth it again with the credit card.
Trim the excess edges with a knife and remove any scrap pieces of vinyl. Smooth the edges down. Wet the vinyl again and then dry.
Tips and warnings
- Using the heat gun allows easy carbon fibre vinyl installation around corners and edges.
- Make sure you smooth out the vinyl completely. Any remaining air bubbles will leave you with an imperfect surface.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for