Saab offers keyless entry systems as a standard feature on many of their vehicles. The batteries in Saab key fobs are designed to last for up to two years with normal use, but when the range of your fob starts to noticeably decrease, a battery replacement is usually just around the corner.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Optical-size Phillips screwdriver
- Optical-size flat-blade screwdriver
- Plastic needle-nose tweezers
- CR2032 battery
Remove the small screw on the back of your Saab key fob with the Phillips screwdriver.
Pry the two halves of the fob apart. Insert the tip of the optical-size flat-blade screwdriver into the groove on the fob's left side; work the screwdriver back and forth to separate the two pieces.
Use tweezers to remove the spent battery from the fob's battery compartment. Snap a new, 3-volt, CR2032 lithium battery into the battery compartment.
Place the two halves of the fob against each other and snap the pieces together. Insert and tighten the screw.
Tips and warnings
- You may have to resynchronize the Saab keyless entry transmitter fob to your vehicle after replacing its battery. Contact your local Saab dealership or service centre for fob programming advice.
- Static and oils from your fingers can permanently damage the circuitry of your key fob. Take care to avoid touching the fob's internal components when replacing its battery.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for