Posters provide a cheap alternative to original or other more expensive pieces of wall art to decorate your living space. Unfortunately, posters are easily wrinkled and creased, which can become a real problem during storage or transportation of the poster prints. If you are dealing with poster creases, there are a few different methods you can try to renew the look of your poster.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Piece of glass or other flat object
- Weights or weighted objects
- Tea towel
- Ironing board
Lay the poster out on a flat surface, such as a dining room table or coffee table. Place a sheet of wood, glass, or anything else with a smooth flat surface that will cover the creased areas of the poster.
Place a heavy weighted object such as books, weights, or other weighted objects over the top of the material covering the poster.
Allow the weights to site on the poster for at least 24 hours. Check every 24 hours to see if any progress is being made on the creases.
Place the poster on a clean ironing board. Cover the poster with a tea towel or other lightweight towel to prevent scorching while ironing.
Turn your iron to it's lowest setting. Turn the steam off so that you do not accidentally water damage your poster beneath the cloth.
Slowly move the iron across the towel covering being careful not to leave the iron in one place for more than about five seconds at first. If the creases still remain, increase the amount of time with the iron over the creased area to 10 seconds. If the creases still remain, slowly increase the heat of iron, being sure to regularly look at the poster beneath to ensure that no heat damage is being done.
Tips and warnings
- If your poster is an antique or valuable or if you are unsuccessful with the above methods, contact your local framing store and ask if they have a heat press that can be used to uncrease your poster.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for