NatWest Bank is the largest retail bank in the United Kingdom with more than 3,000 branches and cash machines. NatWest is a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and operates as Ulster Bank in Northern Ireland. NatWest offers customers 24-hour telephone support and an online banking service. Customers have a variety of account and debit card options available. Activating a NatWest card is a simple procedure and can be done in person, by mail or online.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- NatWest card needing activation
- Signed and dated card activation authorisation
- Personal identification such as passport or driver's license
Log on to the NatWest website. You might need to create a personal identification number and password if this is you are a first-time user of the website.
Select "Account Admin" option from the online banking menu displayed on the left-hand side of the screen. Select the option "Activate Debit Card" and follow the on-screen instructions to enter details of your new card.
Select "Activate Debit Card" and your NatWest card will be activated with immediate effect.
Sign and date the NatWest card activation authorisation form to activate your new NatWest card. You can mail the form to NatWest in the pre-addressed envelope supplied. This procedure this will delay your card activation, or you can take the completed form to any NatWest Bank branch.
Take the completed card activation authorisation form to your bank, together with a form of personal identification. Your passport or driver's licence are acceptable forms of personal identification.
Hand your card authorisation form and personal identification to the NatWest cashier. The cashier will activate your NatWest card immediately and it will be ready for use.
Tips and warnings
- Replacement cards are sent out activated, if they are replacing lost or stolen cards. You can use your NatWest replacement card immediately. The only time you need to activate a replacement card is when you have requested a replacement PIN number in addition to a replacement card.
- You can change your NatWest card PIN number at any NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland or Tesco Personal Finance cashpoint machine (see Reference 2).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for