The Windows XP Embedded Target Designer and Windows XP Embedded Component Designer rely on the database and repositories managed by the Microsoft Component Database Manager. You can use the Microsoft Component Database Manager to select new component databases or repositories. Component databases contain the necessary and custom components that make up a Windows XP Embedded operating system. Opening a Microsoft Component Database Manager allows you to make any database or repository changes you need.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click "All Programs."
Click "Microsoft Windows Embedded Studio."
Click "Component Database Manager."
Click the "Database" tab.
Click "Change" to select a different database, if necessary. You must select a database to use the Microsoft Component Database Manager.
Tips and warnings
- You can import updates to your databases through the "Database" tab whenever needed.
- Do not change settings in the Microsoft Component Database Manager unless you understand the effects they will have on your system. Changing settings incorrectly can lead to your server not reading the right databases or repositories.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for