Finding the right fit in a pair of jeans is next to impossible -- if they aren't too tight, they have an extra inch of material keeping them from hugging your form just so. Luckily, it's a lot easier to shrink that extra inch of denim material than it is to shrink that extra inch on your waist or thighs. You can shrink your denim into the right fit in the privacy of your own home with a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Washing machine
- Washing powder
Place your article of denim clothing in the washing machine and fill the machine with the appropriately measured amount of detergent.
Send your denim through a wash cycle on the highest heat setting your washing machine offers.
Place your denim clothing in the dryer and send it through a cycle on the highest heat setting your dryer offers.
Tips and warnings
- The Style Forum web site suggests skipping the wash cycle and instead recommends soaking your denim, turning it inside out and tossing it in the dryer for a cycle with a fabric softener sheet.
- Be sure to do one wash and/or dryer cycle at a time and try on your denim clothing after each one to avoid excessive shrinkage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for