Writing to a member of the military can help lift his spirits and encourage him, and help you to make a new friend for yourself at the same time. There are many different online pen pal services available, but there is also the option of signing up for a pen pal and communicating back and forth via written letters. Although writing online can be quicker, regular mail offers authenticity and makes it more personal. You can sign up and get a snail mail pen pal in the army in just a few steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Decide on specific qualities you are looking for in a pen pal. You may prefer a pen pal of a certain gender, age, or someone with the same hobbies and interests as you. This narrows down the selection and can help ensure you find a pen pal that you get along with and enjoy writing to.
Find a pen pal correspondence service. Look in the classifieds section of your local newspaper, in magazines, and go online to search and sign up for the best pen pal service. Most online and offline services offer the option of snail mail correspondence.
Choose a pen pal and write to the given address to begin communication. You may need to provide basic personal information first, such as your name, age and address, so that the company can keep track of you and your pen pal can reply to you.
Tips and warnings
- You also have the option of listing yourself as a pen pal and having someone choose to write to you.
- Pen pals do not always have to be strangers; if you have an acquaintance or someone you are close to in the military, you can become pen pals and write back and forth with this person.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for