Armitron offers varying lines of watches designed to suit varying lifestyles. One line of watches features sub-dials, tachymeters, chronographs, timers and lap-counters. Armitron's All-Sport watches feature dual times, 24-hour alarms, chronographs, night-vision displays and water resistance up to 330 feet. Armitron's Now women's line of watches come in bracelets, bangles and leather straps that feature details such as diamonds and Swarovski crystals. Armitron watches last a long time and the factory-installed batteries last for several years. Eventually, the battery will need to be replaced. Armitron recommends that only authorised service centres replace the batteries. Nonetheless, you can change the battery yourself and save money. To make it even easier, watch battery kits are available for purchase.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Case knife
- Small screwdriver
- Fine-point tweezers
- Plastic tweezers
- Case holding vice or microfiber optical cloth
- Watch closing hand press (optional)
Place the watch in a case holding vice. Clamp the watch, face down, in the vice. Alternatively, place the watch face down on a flat surface covered with a microfiber optical cloth.
Insert a case knife into the notch of the case or back of the case, and then twist the case knife handle to pop off the back.
If there is not a notch on the back of the watch, insert the case knife into the side of the watch in the split between the back and front of the watch case, then twist the case knife handle to pop off the back casing.
Remove the rubber gasket on the top of the battery so that you can access the watch's battery compartment.
Remove the metal clip holding the battery in the battery compartment, then remove the battery.
To remove a spring-clip configuration, maintain pressure on the spring clip, lift up one end of a spring clip with the fine-point tweezers and gently pull the spring clip out, and then remove the battery with plastic tweezers.
To remove a screw-on clip configuration, unscrew the screws with a small screw driver, and then remove the battery with plastic tweezers.
For watches having a permanent metal clip, lift the outside edge of the battery out of the compartment with a small screwdriver.
Discard the old battery. Insert a new battery in the back of the watch. Put the clip back in. Reinsert the rubber gasket. Reposition the watch cover over the exposed back of the watch. Close the watch case using manually or using a "Watch Closing Hand Press." Use your forefinger and thumb to gently apply pressure to the watch until you hear the watch "snap" back together to close the watch case manually.
To use watch closing hand press, begin by selecting a metal adaptor that is slightly smaller than the watch back, then snap the metal adaptor into the upper jaw of the hand press. Place the support plate into the bottom of the press. Place a plastic ring adaptor to hold the watch on the support plate. Place the watch face down into the plastic ring adaptor. Gently press the handle of the press until the watch back is snapped into place.
Tips and warnings
- Consider using a battery tester before replacing the batteries. If the battery tests as "good," there is something wrong with your watch and you should take your Armitron to an authorised service centre for repair.
- Before you remove a battery, check to see which side is up. You will need to replace the new battery in the same position. If the battery is installed upside down, the watch won't work.
- Before inserting the new battery, check the battery compartment for corrosion. If you see corrosion, take your Armitron to an authorised service centre for cleaning and repair.
- If your Armitron watch is under warranty, take your watch to an authorised service centre for all repairs, including battery replacements. Not using an authorised service centre while your watch is under warranty will void the warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for