Celebrating a 30th birthday is a milestone for many. It's easy to send a birthday wish or decorate for a party with a banner. Birthday banners can be created and printed from your home or work computer. Create the banner to match the personality of the birthday celebrant or the theme of the party. The banner could feature photos of the birthday celebrant or participating in their favourite hobby. It could feature a scenic picture for the outdoors man or various foods for a cook. For a personal touch add the celebrant's name to the banner.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Measure the area where banner will hang to determine the maximum length to create the banner.
Design the birthday banner in a word processing program, or using image editing software or another software application that specialises in making banners such as Microsoft Publisher. Type the banner message and add photos of the birthday celebrant or graphics matching the theme of the party.
Set the size of the banner image to the desired width and length. If available use the banner option in the software being used.
Fill your paper tray with sheets of paper or banner paper if supported by your printer.
Select "Print" from the software menu.
Lay out all the sheets of paper to form the banner. Depending on the software used to create the banner, there may be a border around each individual piece of paper that will need to be cut off or overlapped.
Tape or glue the sheets of paper together to create the banner.
Tips and warnings
- An alternative would be to print each letter of the banner message on a separate piece of paper in a large bold colourful font. Then tape the sheets of paper together to create the banner.
- Use the available templates that are compatible with the software used.
- For a dramatic touch or an "over the hill" 30th birthday theme, consider printing out a black and white banner.
- For a more colourful banner, print on coloured sheets of paper.
- Save ink by saving the banner file on a CD and taking it to an office supply store to be printed.