Lexus recommends that you update the maps on its navigation systems every six months. To update the maps, you need to acquire and install a navigation DVD from your Lexus dealer, which is a relatively simple process.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Contact your nearest Lexus dealer. Ask the representative for the latest navigation DVD. Provide the representative with your car's model.
Open your Lexus car. Insert the key in the ignition. Twist the key until it clicks in the "Acc" position.
Look for "Open" on your navigation unit. Once you press a button, the DVD slot will slide out.
Place the new navigation DVD into the slot. Press the "Open" button once again for the slot to slide back in. Your navigation unit will update to the current DVD. You do not have to do anything at this point.
Tips and warnings
- If your navigation system does not recognise the DVD, contact your Lexus dealer.
- Do not always rely on your navigation system to get you to a destination.Become familiar with your surroundings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for