You don't have to have huge pectoral muscles (called "pecs" for short) to make them bounce. In fact, all you really need is good muscle control and the ability to isolate individual muscles. Because both men and women have pecs, both genders have the ability to bounce them -- if they train properly.
- Skill level:
Things you need
Begin a weight-training regimen that emphasises your pectoral muscles. The chest has four parts: the upper chest, the lower chest, the inner chest and the outer chest. For the best results, perform exercises that work all four groups. Some examples include bench press, incline press and dumbbell flies.
Learn and remember how your pectoral muscles feel during and after a workout. This muscle memory will help you understand where your pecs are located in your chest and how they feel in isolation (e.g. when you're not using other muscle groups).
Practice isolating your chest muscles. That's really all a "pec bounce" is -- an isolated contraction of your pectorals. Stand in front of a mirror, and try to tighten your pectoral muscles. You should feel the same muscles flexing as you did in Step 2. Try to avoid moving any other muscles during the contraction. Release the contraction after a few seconds. Because the job of the pectoralis minor muscle is to pull the shoulder blades forward, pulling this muscle forward before attempting the contraction will help you further isolate the muscle group.
Improve your ability to "bounce" your pecs by continuing with your weightlifting regimen and practicing in front of a mirror. The longer you do it, the better you'll become. After a while, you may even be able to isolate one side of your pectorals, while keeping the other side relaxed.
Tips and warnings
- Working out with an experienced partner or coach can help you build muscle mass more quickly, learn to identify muscle groups and isolate them more quickly.
- The larger the muscle, the more visible the "bounce" movement will be. That is because there is more muscle mass being moved during the contraction.
- Do not attempt to lift more weight than is comfortable. You should lift enough weight to fatigue the muscle after several repetitions of an exercise
- Always use a spotter when lifting heavy weights.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for