If you've always wanted to be secret agent, but didn't have the necessary security clearance, you'll be pleased to know that spy equipment isn't just for spies anymore. Whether you're using your mini spy cam to keep any eye on your childcare provider, monitor valuables or play pranks on your friends, a spy cam is a simple to use small piece of equipment that can make you feel like no mission is too impossible, and also unobtrusively perform a security function.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 2GB micro SD card
- USB cable
Insert a 2GB micro SD card into the designated slot on the side of the mini spy cam. Note that, because the mini spy cam has no internal memory, you must insert a micro SD card to record.
Push the "Hold" switch to its left. The "Hold" switch is located on the same side of the spy cam as the micro SD card slot.
Locate the "On/Off" switch on the opposite side of the mini spy cam. Slide the switch to the "On" position; the "Power" indicator light on the front of the spy cam will turn blue in response.
Hold down the large, round "Record/Stop" button on the front of the mini spy cam for three seconds. The "Record" light to the right of the "Power" indicator will turn green and blink to indicate that the device is recording; recording will not activate if a micro SD card has not been inserted.
Press and hold the "Record/Stop" button to stop recording. Never use the "On/Off" switch to stop recording, or the footage will not be saved to the micro SD card.
Connect the mini spy cam to your computer with a USB cable, and slide the "On/Off" switch to the "On" position to charge the device or review the recorded footage.
Tips and warnings
- Allow the mini spy cam to charge for three hours to fully recharge the internal battery.
- The instructions for mini spy cams may vary slightly by brand and model. If these instructions don't work for your mini spy cam, contact the manufacturer for refer to your product's owner's manual for model-specific advice.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for