Toyota stereo decks are equipped with an antitheft feature that requires the user to enter a code to reset the device after power has been disconnected. This means that after any repairs or replacement of the Toyota's battery, you will need to enter the code before operating the stereo. You can take the Toyota to a dealership to have the unit reset or you can do it yourself.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Turn the ignition on but leave the engine off. You need to provide power to the stereo to reset the code.
Press the "Source" button at the top-left corner of the Toyota's stereo to turn on the unit.
Press the first preset button while also pressing the "Up" arrow button. The first preset button is labelled "1" and the "Up" arrow is to the left of the stereo's display window. Release both buttons once dashes appear on the display, prompting you to enter the code.
Press the preset button corresponding with the first digit of the Toyota's stereo code. Press the "Right" arrow button after the correct digit is displayed. Repeat until all of the digits have been entered. Press the "Right" arrow to enter the code. The stereo powers on if the code is correct. If not, the dashes reappear and you must start over.
Tips and warnings
- The code for your Toyota's stereo can be found inside the original User's Manual. You can obtain the code from the dealership with proper identification.
- If you enter an incorrect code more than twice, you will need to take your Toyota to a dealer service station to have the code reset.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for