A log is created when you use Netflix to watch movies and shows on your computer or television. Everything that is watched is saved and can be viewed by logging into your account and viewing the recent activity. Also, if you use a device such as a Roku player to stream movies to your television, your recent activity shows up whenever you launch the Netflix program. There is no simple way to clear your Netflix activity, so if you want a clean slate, you have to cancel your current account and start a new account.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log in to your Netflix account online (see Resources). Click on "Member Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner. Type in your e-mail address and password. Click on "Continue." Then click on "Your Account & Help" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Click the "Cancel Membership" button. A screen will appear asking whether you are sure that you want to cancel. Put a check mark in the box that says "I accept and understand the terms of cancellation and want to cancel my account" and click on "Complete Cancellation."
Register for a new account. Go to the Netflix home page and click on the link that says "Not a Member? Click here." Follow the process to create a new Netflix account. Type in an e-mail address and a new password. You will need to type each in twice. Click on "Continue." You will be asked to choose a plan and then enter your contact and billing information.
Tips and warnings
- Don't reactivate your old account if you want a clear Netflix history. You must start a new account.
- Cancel your account right before it is about to renew for the next month. If you cancel right after a renewal, you will not be refunded.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for