From 1998 to 2001, the Honda CR-V came with a dash clock. Newer models have an electronic clock, with the time displayed in a corner of the radio display. If you have a broken dash clock, you will need to remove it from the dash to repair or replace it. The clock is mounted in the centre vent panel, which makes removing it a relatively straightforward task.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Pry tool or other flat-bladed tool
- Phillips screwdriver
Pry along the bottom edge of the centre vent panel until the bottom part of the vent panel comes free.
Grasp the vent panel and pull it toward you to remove it. On the back you'll see the rear part of the CR-V's clock and its wiring harness.
Unplug the harness from the clock. Remove the two Phillips screws from the back of the clock and slide the clock out to remove it.
Push the vent panel back into place. It will snap into the dash.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to install a new clock, simply insert it into the CR-V's clock mount and tighten the Phillips screws. Then plug the wiring harness into the rear of the clock.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for