Your Epson Stylus CX8400 model printer uses four separate ink cartridges to print colour or black and white documents. If the printer fails to recognise the cyan, magenta, yellow or black cartridges, it won't properly print off any documents saved on your computer. The printer won't recognise some or all of the cartridges if they aren't placed properly in the cartridge carriageinside the Epson Stylus printer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Soft cloth or cotton swab
Turn on the Epson Stylus CX8400 printer if it is currently powered off. If the LCD screen displays an "Expended Ink Cartridge" message, tap the "OK" button on the control panel at the front of the printer.
Open the plastic cover on the top of the printer. Wait for the four ink cartridges to move into position at the centre of the printer.
Lift open the plastic covers over all four ink cartridges. Lift the cartridges up and then press them back down until they audibly snap into place. Push down the ink cartridge covers and close the printer's top plastic cover.
Tap the "OK" button on the printer's control panel. Wait two minutes for the ink cartridges to fully charge. A "Cartridge Charge" message appears on the LCD screen when the charging is complete and the printer recognises the ink cartridges.
Tips and warnings
- Dust or debris may also potentially prevent the printer from recognising the cartridges. If you notice any dust underneath the ink cartridges, pull them out of the printer entirely and wipe out the inside of the printer and the bottom of the cartridges with a soft cloth or a cotton swab.
- The Stylus CX8400 model includes an option to check the current ink levels directly from the control panel at the front of the printer. Tap the "Setup" button and select the "Ink Levels" option. Hit "OK" to see the current levels of cyan, magenta, yellow and black ink.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for