Since smart phones have become en vogue over the last decade, the potential to hack--or "jailbreak"--them has grown in popularity also. Doing so allows users to perhaps access certain applications--or "apps"--they otherwise might not be able to with their smart phone provider. For hackers, meanwhile, it provides a way to ascertain certain information. Whatever the reason, there are ways to go about hacking select smart phones.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- laptop with wireless connectivity
- three smart phones
Send an SMS message to the smart phone in question using a separate phone. For instance, hackers have sent graphics to other phones in the past that simply said "You have been hacked," to display how easy this is.
After sending the SMS, run an application on the hacked phone to retrieve information from it. After doing so, an SMS should come back to the hacking phone with the hacked phone's INSI number--its unique ID. Once this is retrieved, anything can be pulled from the hacked phone, such as a contact list and personal information stored on the phone.
Change the control settings of the hacked phone. By unchecking the SSL, this will leave the phone vulnerable to hacks, as it will no longer have any encryption. Then run a wipe command, which will sweep the hacked phone and pull all information from it, then send it to the hacking phone. This is a separate way to hack a smart phone from steps 1 and 2, and can be done independently from those two steps.
Tips and warnings
- To properly hack a phone, it's best to have a thorough knowledge of smart phone software and SMS functionality. If this is not the case, find someone who does have this knowledge, as it will be necessary to properly hack a smart phone.
- Swiping a smart phone, then hacking it to ascertain information, is a crime. Hacking one's own phone to access info is OK. However, doing so to a person who has no knowledge of this is against the law, and can open you up to criminal investigation and prosecution.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for