Space Case sells stainless steel herb grinders and sifters. When you place a whole dried herb into the grinder, the device grinds it and the sifter removes seeds. The herbs fall through the grate near the bottom of the grinder. After extended use, the lid becomes caked with herbs, making it hard to close. Whenever that happens, the grinder needs to be cleaned.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Dish soap
- Small pot
Bring a small pot of water to a boil on your stove.
Rinse loose herbs off the Space Case with running water. Put the grinder and sifter into boiling water and keep it there for five to 10 minutes. Stuck-on herbs will loosen and float to the surface.
Turn the burner off and empty the water.
Clean the Space Case with dish soap and a cloth until clean. Rinse well and dry the grinder and sifter with a cloth.
Tips and warnings
- If you freeze your herbs before grinding them, they will break down more easily and be less prone to stick to your grinder.
- Rubbing alcohol can be used instead of dish soap.
- When cleaning your grinder, watch out for the razor-sharp teeth. These teeth are manufactured from aircraft-grade aluminium.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for