A briefcase combination lock will secure your briefcase and its contents while you are travelling or on the move to and from your office. Typically comprised of three dials and a lock, briefcase combination locks may be upgraded to provide better security or just to replace a worn-out or faulty lock. Whatever your budget, a secure and easy-to-mount briefcase combination lock is a straightforward online purchase.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
Measure the dimensions of the existing combination lock on your briefcase, if you are replacing the lock. Briefcase locks generally come in standard sizes and knowing the desired dimensions will help you choose the right lock.
Search for briefcase combination locks using a search engine such as Google.com or browse the links provided in the Resources section below. Check the dimensions and decide on the style and colour of lock you want.
Purchase the combination lock that best fits your briefcase and suits your personal taste. Complete the transaction by remitting your payment.
Replace your existing combination lock with the new one when it arrives, or install the new lock on your briefcase. Follow the manufacturer's instructions supplied with the product. If the lock doesn't come with instructions or you have difficulty fitting it to your briefcase, your local key-cutting store will be able to install the lock for you.
Tips and warnings
- Check the shipping rates before buying your lock. Certain suppliers may offer cheaper shipping. A local retailer will often be the least expensive option.
- After installing your briefcase lock, commit the combination to memory. Writing down the combination can jeopardise the security of your briefcase contents.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for