If you have a large car and a small garage, parking can be a hassle. In addition, you may need to use your garage for storage, putting space at an even higher premium. Eliminate the stress of parking in your small garage by getting your car in the same spot every time with the help of some tools.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Eye bolt
- Tennis ball
Measure with a piece of string how far the car's rear-view mirror is from the garage ceiling. Your string should be at least this length plus several inches for tying.
Screw the eye bolt into a tennis ball. Then tie the string to the eye bolt.
Use a ladder to hang the string from your garage's rafters or to attach it to the ceiling with a staple. Do not tightly knot or staple the string until you have the correct length.
Park your car in the garage to determine if the tennis ball is placed at the correct spot. When the ball bumps your windshield at rear-view mirror height, you can firmly tie or staple the string into place on the garage ceiling.
Tips and warnings
- Remove unnecessary items from your garage to free up as much space as possible. Place unwanted items in the trash, give them away or sell them.
- Hang bicycle hooks on your garage ceiling to free up floor space if you are storing bicycles.
- Set up shelves around the perimeter of the garage to create vertical storage and more open space.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for