Wire the AMD M863G motherboard to the computer case and components just as any other motherboard by connecting the front panel, drives and power connectors. The power switch, reset button, system speaker, hard drive LED, front panel USB and audio connectors, drive connectors and power connectors are marked on the motherboard and the required cables are also marked to match in most computer cases. A link to the original user manual is also included for additional reference.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- ATX computer case
- Anti-static wrist strap
- Nylon cable ties
Attach the anti-static wrist strap to one arm and then attach the end with the alligator clip to a bare metal point on the inside of the case.
Connect the main power connector to the motherboard by attaching the 20-pin standard ATX power connector to the large socket near the CPU marked "U5." Connect a square 4-pin power connector to the small socket near the CPU marked "J1."
Connect the CPU fan to the small power connector located next to the CPU marked "CPU FAN 1" and connect an additional case fan with the small three pin lead to the small power connector on the opposite side of the motherboard from the CPU marked "SYS FAN 1."
Connect the front panel USB connectors to the yellow pin header section located near the PCI slots marked as "USB2" and "USB3" using the alignment indicated by the missing pins on the motherboard and the corresponding plugged hole in the connector.
Connect the CD audio cable from the optical drive to the small straight row of pins with a black plastic base marked "CD1."
Connect the primary IDE cable to the blue IDE socket marked "IDE1" and connect the secondary IDE cable to the white IDE socket marked "IDE2" according to the key notch in the sockets and the corresponding key tab on the cables.
Connect the floppy drive cable to the white floppy connector marked "FDC1."
Connect the system speaker to the straight row of pins marked "SPK1" next to the floppy drive connector.
Connect the front panel audio header block to the port near the rear panel of the motherboard marked "Audio 1."
Connect the infrared port on the front panel of the case to the port marked "IR1" between the PCI slots and the floppy drive connector.
Connect the HD LED front panel lead to Pins 1 and 3 on the front panel coloured connectors near the floppy drive connector.
Connect the Power LED front panel lead to Pins 2 and 4 on the front panel coloured connectors near the floppy drive connector.
Connect the reset switch front panel lead to Pins 5 and 7 on the front panel coloured connectors near the floppy drive connector.
Connect the power switch front panel lead to Pins 6 and 8 on the front panel coloured connectors near the floppy drive connector.
Tips and warnings
- The markings on the cables and the arrangement of the pins are common indicators of the proper orientation of most connections to the motherboard.
- Most devices inside a computer are static sensitive and an anti-static wrist strap should be worn. Back up any files prior to working inside a computer when possible. Never attach or disconnect wires with the power on or the power cord attached to a system, as indicated by a small LED on the motherboard. If the LED is on, it is not safe to work on the motherboard as power is still available.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for