Few things are more rewarding than attaining an international pen pal. Becoming a pen pal allows you to become introduced to a different culture, better your world geography, improve writing skills and attain a lifelong friend in the process. Consider getting international pen pals through reputable pen pal directories or online organisations.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pen pal program/club
Check with your school, community centre or place of worship to determine if these offer an international pen pal program or club. Ask the leaders of these organisations for recommendations on the best international pen pal organisations or programs if they currently don't offer one or have previously cancelled their pen pal program or club.
Join a reputable website or organisation online that actively connects individuals to international pen pals, such as AllPenPals, free of charge.
Visit the AllPenPals official website. Click the "Registration" header or the "Join for Free" button on the home page. The organisation's registration form will appear on the next screen. Enter your first and last name into the appropriate boxes and choose a password. Enter your e-mail address in the remaining box. Click the "Continue" button.
The second part of the registration form will appear. Enter your age, gender, country and city you live in, your ethnicity and marital status from the drop-down boxes provided. Write a short description of your hobbies in the last box provided. Click the "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions" box and click the "Submit" button to finish the registration process.
Post an ad detailing your interest in getting an international pen pal on a reputable classified website. You will need a legitimate e-mail or phone number to reply to interested individuals.
Tips and warnings
- If possible, try and get an international pen pal through a reputable organisation or club in your community.
- If you're under the age of 18 and want to get an international pen pal, you will have to get parental permission first.
- Use caution when posting an ad for an international pen pal on classified websites like Craigslist, as many scam artists and crooks may reply to your ad.
- Never reveal too much personal information to your international pen pal.
- Do not loan money over the Internet and beware of offers that "sound too good to be true."
- You must be 18 years or older to join the AllPenPals program.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for