Text messaging has proven to be an efficient and effective means of communication, for both personal and business use. There are times, though, when you might wish to send a text anonymously--also referred to as sending a blocked text. However, this cannot be done directly from your cell phone without your number being included with the message. In order to send a blocked text message, you must use a free text messaging service. An online text messaging service can send a text message from an anonymous e-mail to a recipient's cell phone.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Online text messaging service
- Recipient's 10-digit cell phone number
- Recipient's cell phone service provider
Enter the required information for the text message you want to send. Free text message providers ask for your name, which is optional, the recipient's 10-digit cell phone number and his mobile service provider.
Fill in the empty text box with the message you wish to send. As with a normal text message, you will be allowed to enter up to 150 characters per message.
Submit the text message once you verify that all of the information entered is correct.
Tips and warnings
- Depending on the recipient's service provider, it might take a little longer than normal for the message to be received.
- If you don't want to use a text messaging service, you can create an anonymous e-mail address using any free e-mail company, and send text messages with it by knowing your recipient's 10-digit number and the cell carrier's e-mail domain names.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for