Plastic is a very strong and durable material that is sometime safer than glass when used in a variety of different objects. Clear plastic can sometimes become cloudy for various reasons. While cloudiness due to scratching cannot be cleaned away, cloudiness from staining or stain build-up can be repaired with the proper materials. Cleaning foggy plastic can normally be done quickly if the fogginess isn't too severe and the plastic itself is not damaged.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Lens cloth
Pour warm water into a spray bottle and add white vinegar in a 50-percent solution. White vinegar is a very strong natural cleaner that will not damage the plastic.
Spray the plastic with the vinegar solution and allow it to sit for a minute.
Wipe the plastic with a lens cloth. Lens cloths are designed to be soft enough to avoid scratching while also providing enough friction to remove residue and other stains. You can scrub heavier plastic with a sponge.
Repeat until the plastic is clear again.
Tips and warnings
- If the vinegar is ineffective, try an ammonia-based glass cleaner, then reapply the vinegar solution afterward.
- Plastic that is foggy due to scratching must be sanded to restore its clear finish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for