False teeth can help to increase self-esteem and confidence levels. False teeth or dentures are mainly used to restore one's ability to chew food. Even so, full and partial false teeth are expensive. Make them last by caring for them on a daily basis to prevent breaking, chips and food built-up that can cause bacterial infections. Consequently, understanding how to remove false teeth is a vital task.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Denture brush
- Denture paste
- Denture cup
- Soft bristle brush
Rinse your moth rigorously with mouthwash or warm water to help loosen firm denture paste. Fill a sink or small basin with warm water to prevent breaking your dentures, if they should fall.
Place your thumb behind the back portion of your upper false teeth that is closest to the opening of your mouth. Ensure that your thumb is positioned directly under your nose. Press firmly using a direction of upward and outward motion to remove the top half of your false teeth.
Grab the bottom half of your false teeth with your thumb at the portion that is closest to the opening of your mouth. Place your index and middle finger behind the front-portion of your lower teeth. Ensure that your index and middle finger line up directly under your nose, as you grip your lower false teeth.
Rock the bottom-half of your dentures gently in the direction of both cheeks to remove them. Remove any food residue from your mouth, by using a toothbrush with soft bristles.
Use warm water and toothpaste to comfortably remove any remaining food particles or denture paste from your mouth. Remove any food particles that may be stuck on your dentures, by soaking them in a professional denture cleaner.
Tips and warnings
- Use less denture paste if you find that it is too hard to remove your false teeth. Place a large towel around the sink area to help prevent your false teeth from breaking in a fall.
- Never use hot water to clean your dentures because you might damage them. Always remove false teeth before sleeping to prevent infections and mouth soreness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for