HP iPAQ 4150 is a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) designed to operate using Windows Media 2003 software. The PDA software is not upgradeable to the Windows 7 operating system platform. The PDA will sync to computers running both Vista and Windows 7, but only if the PDA's ROM has been updated. You must download Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) version 6.1 to your computer to create the appropriate synchronisation.
- Skill level:
Visit the Microsoft website and enter "Windows Mobile Device Center" in the search field. Follow all on screen instructions leading you to the Windows Mobile Device Center and the version 6.1 download location.
Read the system requirements to determine if your version of Windows 7 will support full PDA and phone synchronisation. Microsoft describes the WMDC as "Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista" but the Center operates on both the Vista and Windows 7 operating system platform.
Connect your PDA to your PC using the appropriate USB device. Click the "Download" link to begin downloading the Windows Mobile Device Center Installer to your PC. When prompted, select "Run this program from its current location."
Follow all on screen instructions for installing the Windows Mobile Device Center to your computer. Once installed, the Windows Mobile Device Center will launch and begin the synchronisation process with the attached PDA.
Synchronising to the Windows 7 Operating System
Visit the HP website and type "HP iPAQ 4150" in the search field. Select "Software and driver downloads" found directly beneath a picture of the PDA. Continue to follow all on screen prompts leading you to the download centre.
Download and install all updates for the BIOS, keyboard, software and utilities that are applicable to your PDA and your specific user requirements. Insure that all downloads pertain to PDA's running the "Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2003" operating system. Test all downloads, making sure the PDA is operating correctly.
Reconnect your PDA to your PC using the appropriate USB device. The Windows Mobile Device Center will automatically begin the synchronisation process with the PDA.
Updating the BIOS and ROM for the HP iPAQ 4150
Tips and warnings
- It is strongly advised that you make sure your PDA is running the latest updates from HP, especially the BIOS and ROM updates, before attempting to download the WMDC version 6.1.
- It is advised that all updates to your PDA be made from a computer using the Windows XP operating system. Problems have been encountered trying to update the BIOS and ROM from computers using the Vista and Window 7 operating system.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for