Gun cleaning stands, or gun cleaning stations are very practical ways to keep all of your gun cleaning equipment neatly organised and put out of sight of the youngsters who may be around. You can create this station in your tool area, be it the garage, a special corner of the home, or outside in a shed. This stand does not have to be overly decorative or made of a special material, but there are a few specifications that you will need to satisfy.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Old desk
- Bore brushes
- Gun solvent
- Gun oil
- Cleaning patches
- Old sock
- Old toothbrush
- Several clean cloths
- Gun cleaning tool kit
- Several old towels
- Clear plastic storage containers, varying sizes
- 2 small baskets
- Permanent marker
Choose an old desk that has at least one drawer and one cabinet. You can find these cheaply at yard sales and garage sales.
Place the gun cleaning tools such as the cleaning patches and bore brushes into the plastic storage containers. Organise the storage containers in the cabinet.
Place the gun solvent and the gun oil inside the cabinet. If you choose to use your own recipe, make sure the canisters are labelled.
Open the drawer and place the towels, cleaning patches, and some old socks in neat and organised piles.
Place the two small baskets on top of the desk surface. Label one basket for the trash where you will discard dirty cleaning patches, and the other for laundry, where you will place the towels and sock when you get done cleaning your gun.
Tips and warnings
- You can decorate the desk or install locks on the cabinet and drawer of the desk for security purposes.
- Never leave guns out even after they are cleaned. Keep all firearms locked up and out of the reach of children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for