Equifax is a credit reporting agency that has served consumers and businesses for more than 100 years. It provides credit reports, portfolio management, fraud detection and marketing tool services. If you decide, however, that you would like to cancel your Equifax services, you can easily do so by speaking to a customer service representative.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Equifax account number
Call Equifax's customer service hotline in the UK on 0800 090 2219 -- from 8am to 8pm every day -- and follow the menu prompts to reach a customer service representative.
Provide the customer service representative with your Equifax account number when asked so that the representative can access your account information.
Ask the representative to cancel your service, and shortly afterwards you should receive email confirmation of cancellation.
Tips and warnings
- Be firm with the customer service representative if he tries to dissuade you from cancelling your service.
- If you cancel your Equifax service you will no longer receive a weekly credit report or identity watch alerts.
- If you do not receive a cancellation email, check your spam folder. If the email is not there, call the customer service hotline again and ask the representative to double-check your account to ensure it has been cancelled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for